This is from Rick Thomas’s site* where a member asked, “My husband and I do not get along well. What do you think may be the problem? How can we fix our marriage?” His answer was focused on Christ! He asked 6 questions to the member about being an imitator of Christ. They are some of the same points I have been trying to make in the comments section on some of my posts. Mr. Thomas is a much better writer than I. So here they are:
- Christ is for us (Romans 8:31). Are you for your spouse?
- Christ forgives us (1 John 1:9). Are you holding on to any grudges or past hurts as it pertains to your spouse?
- Christ is our friend (John 15:15). Are you a genuine friend to your spouse–do you authentically like him/her?
- Christ gives us grace (Ephesians 2:8-9). Do you have unconditional love toward your spouse?
- Christ loves us while we sin (Romans 5:8). Do you love your spouse in spite of his/her imperfections?
- Christ has compassion on the hurting (John 11:35). Are you compassionate toward your spouse’s weaknesses?